Friday 5 April 2013

April Beauty Favorites!

Now this won't be a monthly thing, but do I have, for two months in a row, lot's of new favorite products I want to share with you! So here are the so more products I've discovered that I keep going back to over and over again!

#1. Luster: NOW! Instantly Whitens Toothpaste : $10.00

I know this isn't makeup, or even skincare, but, I got this toothpaste from shoppers, mainly because I saw the allure sticker on it, and I use a whitening toothpaste a couple of times a year to help freshen up, I don't whiten with the kits or anything, just try and take good care of my teeth ;) But I found this probably made the biggest difference out of any whitening toothpaste I have ever bought. I haven't bought any of their other products, but when I need a whitening touch up - I will be getting this again!

 *Great idea for bridesmaids in wedding who want beautiful smiles for all the wedding pictures, but don't necessarily want to spend $50 on teeth whitening kits or $100 + on pro whitening on top of putting money out for manis, pedis, makeup & hair!

#2. Benefit Cosmetics: They're Real Mascara! $29.00

This mascara is seriously competing for my number one spot, I love it. I got a small sample of it and the applicator is amazing, I don't know if the formula is even the best, but the applicator produces such good results- I don't know if I'll be able to go back to a regular applicator again. It has the ball at the tip, for really getting in close and then the traditional applicator underneath for evenly and thoroughly distributing the product. I'm not sure if it comes in waterproof, which is the only thing holding me off from buying it as a permanent fixture in my kit -I need water proof for my brides! Sometimes I forget this at home and have to use a different mascara when I am doing my makeup on the fly - I genuinely notice a difference with this mascara compared to others - I LOVE IT. And even though I don't know if it's water proof or not,so it may not hold up to tears -BUT so far in my experience, with my little beady eyes that are prone to smudging, it doesn't budge. AMAZING!


#3Benefit Cosmetics - Hoola Bronzer. $36.00

This Bronzer is beautiful for fair, light and medium skin tones. It is not orangey like so many bronzer are, but is similar coloring to foundations for darking skin tones, which creates a very natural, very beautiful bronzed look!


#4. Tarte Lipsurgence -Matte Lip Tint $29.00
Tarte - LipSurgence™ Matte Lip Tint

I love the new matte trend in makeup, especially on lips with a bold or bright color. The Tarte lip tints leave a beautiful finish, come in great shades and are pretty long lasting. It is probably my go to lip product right now, the rest of the face can be very minimal and bare, with a bright understated lip color -very modern. Only downside; I feel like they can be quite drying, so make sure you are using a good lip balm at night and or underneath as a primer.


#5. Urban Decay -NAKED the basics palette $32.00


Urban Decay - Naked Basics Palette
 As I was saying - I love the resurgence of matte makeup, and that includes eyes. The colors in this pallete are so great for complimenting and bringing out eye blue & green eyes with the foxy shade or brown eyes with W.O.S. and the contour colors are perfect for contouring no matter how natural or dramatic you want it to look. Venus adds a beautiful highlight right where you want it. The perfect on-trend pallete. A new fail-safe product for me.





Hope you enjoy these products as much as I do! Stay tuned for "THE BEST OF SPRING MAKEUP" showing you the top 5 new looks, and the products you can get to update your makeup wardrobe for spring!

xx
sj
WWW.BASTARACHEBEAUTY.COM
www.sarahjanes.ca

3 comments:

  1. I bought the Benefit Sample size and I was also pleasantly surprised! I was scared to buy it, since I really disliked Bad Gals... Most of mascaras are affected by my watery eyes but not that one! I consider it semi-waterproof :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I was the same, I was pleasantly surprised, I didn't expect much but it's great! Thanks for your feedback :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent website. Lots of useful information here, thanks in your effort! . For more information please visitbest bridal makeup near me
    makeup artists in hyderabad for wedding
    Best Bridal makeup services in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete